[HH] Resend: DD-WRT 'Client Mode' 'Client Bridge' with Atheros chips

Kurt Keville kkeville at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 21 07:42:32 EDT 2012

You have posed an excellent academic question which may best be inexpensively avoided as you have suggested in the dslreports thread. In similar scenarios I have seen engineers put together some "bank shot" solutions to bridge networks, like when they put a wireless backbone down the staircase at the Roosevelt Hotel at HOPE 5...   http://www.the-fifth-hope.org/5hwiki/WiFi . There are certainly (expensive) dual-radio combos that are of a sufficiently low enough frequency that the occasional brick wall should prove to be less of a problem either figuratively or literally. http://www.ubnt.com/ makes incredibly powerful radios... 900 Mhz at 1W can overcome some difficult masonry issues... are you using bridge-utils or is there a more recent package for wireless bridging?

"It shoots through schools" - Danny Vermin (in Johnny Dangerously)