[HH] what can you do with a Raspberry Pi?

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:35:34 EST 2012

I skimmed this. Nothing particularly new, but if you're curious about
the Raspberry Pi and haven't read an article about it recently, this
sums up the current state of it and what you can do with it.

 -Tom

Raspberry Pi what is the secret of his success and what are its potential
http://linuxaria.com/article/raspberry-pi-what-is-the-secret-of-his-success-and-what-are-its-potential?lang=en

  So why this small piece of hardware has become so popular ?
  Personally I think that there are at least 3 reasons for this:

  1) The low cost, with this low price tag everyone can buy one and do
  some tests.

  2) The potentials, in this small board you have everything you need to
  start a small project such a web radio or to automate the management
  of your garden/house.

  3) The pioneer aspect, this is perhaps the most important aspect of
  this small device, it brings back the days when you could test your
  hardware, easily add peripherals or new things.
  [...]
  So what can you do in practice with this small board?

  You can do a lot of things, from a simple and low cost desktop to
  something really complex... Multimedia Box, Home Automation, Internet
  radio, Weather Station...