[HH] Raspberry Pi Model A

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:30:44 EST 2012

Federico Lucifredi wrote:
>> It has 1/2 the RAM (256 MB), no Ethernet jack, one USB jack (instead of
>> 2), and uses "significantly" less power.
>
> The power difference is really the valuable bit IMHO, rther than the 10$ difference.

Right...didn't they say much of the power savings was attributed to the
lack of an Ethernet PHY? (I didn't read the thread.) Seems like you
could take a Model B and just hack in a replaceable jumper on the power
line to the Ethernet. That way you can use Ethernet for setup and other
limited modes of operations, and then switch to a low-powered mode.