[HH] Raspberry Pi turned into a portable workstation

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 02:38:06 EST 2012

Kurt Keville wrote:
> I see that Federico is teaching a class on this tomorrow at
> http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2012-dec

Does that qualify as a class? I considered it a presentation. Shades of
gray, I guess.

There's an article on this same topic:

Raspberry Pi turned into a portable workstation
http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/raspberry-pi-turned-into-a-portable-workstation-20120719/

  SK Pang Electronics...[combined] a mini wireless keyboard typically
  used with a smartphone, a USB power pack, and an small LCD monitor
  usually found in the backseat of a car.

  All components, including the Raspberry Pi, were mounted on a laser
  cut, transparent base with a specially cut hole acting as a handle for
  carrying the unit around. The difficult bit was figuring out how to
  power both the display and the Raspberry Pi from the single USB power
  pack.
  [...]
  Another project I'd like to see is someone ripping the guts out of an
  old laptop and fitting a Raspberry Pi inside instead. The end result
  should look like a typical laptop without anyone being able to tell
  there's a $25 PC running inside.