[HH] Raspberry Pi Used To Replace A 30-Foot GSM Base Station And Create A Working Mobile Network | TechCrunch

Ming kuo mingtkuo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:54:08 EST 2012

Anybody have a radio free room to try this out. Ha!

http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/21/raspberry-pi-used-to-replace-a-30-foot-gsm-base-station-and-create-a-working-mobile-network/

Regarding raspberry :  I recently got a raspberry Pi working with
siriproxy and ISY plugin to do Siri home automation turning on lights
etc and also turning on songs music using Siri. Replaces numerous
remotes in the house. Contact me if you are interested.

Also I do computer refurbishing at the fablab and have numerous old
laptops that I thought about reusing the screen and putting the RPi on
it. The problem is each screen needs its own graphics card which often
is integrated into the mother board. Sometime one can figure out which
separate card to buy to make it work but they are often expensive and
still required figuring out the wiring  which is difficult. Anybody
who may have experience in this please let me know.

Thanks