[HH] vinyl resist PCB etch

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Sun Dec 23 22:54:49 EST 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 2:51 AM, Tom Metro wrote:

> Of course the down side is you need a vinyl cutting machine, or you need
> to go to a local sign making shop and pay them to print your design.
>
> Still, a vinyl cutting machine is probably cheaper and less maintenance
> than a board router that uses a tiny milling bit to route away the copper.

I remembr seeing a poster on doing the resist with a desktop vinyl-cutting plotter, I believe it was a this years Open Hardware Summit

http://summit.oshwa.org/demosposters/

I am having a tough time locating what poster it was, but I seem to remember the author having a Japanese last name.

Desktop cutting plotters start around $250, and it seems like a much less complex way to go about it than ironing the toner off a laser print, so my curiosity was piqued.

Best -F

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
(Federico L. Lucifredi) - flucifredi at acm.org - GnuPG 0x4A73884C