[HH] vinyl resist PCB etch

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:56:44 EST 2012

Ming kuo wrote:
> We have sheets of Cooper that goes in the vinyl cutter.

Oh, so you're using thin, self-adhesive copper sheets, which are
directly cut by the cutter and then adhered to unclad PCBs?

That should work too, and avoids the time and mess of etching, plus you
can apply circuits to arbitrary substrates - plastic, glass, whatever.

My guess is that the factory clad PCBs will have the copper better
adhered (less likely to lift if you overheat a pad while soldering, or
tear off while drilling), and I suspect you can likely achieve finer
pitched features by cutting vinyl and then etching.