[HH] vinyl resist PCB etch

Ming kuo mingtkuo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:27:34 EST 2012

Hi Tom

We have sheets of Cooper that goes in the vinyl cutter.  To be honest, I
have not used it to create circuit boards, but I have just used it first
time to make the circular contacts for my POV project.  My guess you can
cut out the copper sheet then stick that on a blank board which then the
holes can be drilled out with a dremel if you do not have access to Modela.
 Again, I have not used it so have no experience, but there are people at
the tech center that such knowledge.

I see people making circuit boards directly with the Modela as we have
blank cooper laid PCBs that will eliminate the steps of using a vinyl
cutter.  But as you can imagine, each tool has it own advantages and
disadvantages depending on the need.

YES the Southend Technology FABLAB  is directly funded by MIT and I believe
was the first which is now replicated across the country and world

Ming