[HH] [Discuss] build my own cell phone

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:14:25 EST 2012

Stephen Adler wrote:
> Maybe I should first start by building a touch pad PC or an
> equivalent iTouch type hand held system. Maybe a better term is a
> hand held Gnu/Linux PC with at least WiFi capability.

How are things coming along on your DIY tablet?

Looks like a 12-year-old beat you to it:

http://mashable.com/2012/02/17/seventh-grader-windows-tablet/

  Seventh-Grader Plans to Build World's Biggest Tablet

  James Hardman...thinks tablets are amazing, but the ones currently on
  sale simply aren't big enough for him. ... Turning to Kickstarter,
  Hardman posted his plan to build a 17-inch Windows tablet, showing it
  could be done by creating a crude prototype with an old monitor,
  gutted and jury-rigged to run Windows Vista...