[HH] Arduino Leonardo

Mark Woodward markw at mohawksoft.com
Tue Jul 24 08:12:03 EDT 2012

On 07/24/2012 07:20 AM, Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 03:30 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
>> All for 16 to 18 Euros (less than the Arduino Uno).
> Or just get a teensy with all that and more since forever and cheaper :)
>
> http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/

You know, embedded software of any real complexity get difficult pretty
quickly. In the Linux PC Robot project, I have avoided it for the
longest time. With the Arduino, I was pretty impressed with the
development environment. It was the first time embedded programming felt
like an extension of "regular programming." I know that is a subjective
comment, but I'm kind of old school, I used to program chips with an
eprom burner and toggle switches. The Arduino's advantage has almost
nothing to do with the AVR chip, but everything to do with the simple
environment, development tools, community contributions, and a fairly
good design.