[HH] teensy

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:09:35 EDT 2012

Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
> Or just get a teensy with all that and more since forever and cheaper :)
> http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/

Looks good. Can you clarify what the Arduino compatibility is? The page
you linked to made no mention of it, but this page:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyduino.html

says:

  Teensyduino is a software add-on for the Arduino, to run sketches on
  the Teensy and Teensy++!

  Running Sketches on the Teensy

  Most programs written for Arduino work on Teensy. All of the standard
  Arduino functions (digitalWrite, pinMode, analogRead, etc) all work on
  Teensy. Teensyduino is also compatible with many Arduino libraries.

So this is some glue software to make it compatible? Is it code that
runs on the micro or a tool that processes the compiled code on the desktop?

Further down:

  How Does Teensy 2.0 Compare With Arduino?

  On May 19, 2012, Arduino Leonardo was released, using the same
  ATMEGA32U4 chip as Teensy 2.0. Currently no Arduino board offers
  hardware similar to Teensy++ 2.0.

  Both Teensy 2.0 and Arduino Leonardo support USB Serial, Keyboard and
  Mouse. Both have similar compatibility with all Arduino-based code.

I noticed on their project page (user contributed photos and code for
projects using the Teensy board) that someone hacked off the micro USB
connector and epoxied on a full-size USB male connector so the micro
could be directly plugged into a machine. I'm surprised someone doesn't
commercially produce that form factor.