[HH] teensy

Nuno Sucena Almeida nuno at aeminium.org
Wed Jul 25 21:56:07 EDT 2012

On 07/25/2012 03:09 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
>   Most programs written for Arduino work on Teensy. All of the standard
>   Arduino functions (digitalWrite, pinMode, analogRead, etc) all work on
>   Teensy. Teensyduino is also compatible with many Arduino libraries.
>
> So this is some glue software to make it compatible? Is it code that
> runs on the micro or a tool that processes the compiled code on the desktop?

	I used both gcc and the arduino IDE with the provided add-on to program
it and both work pretty well.
	It's just a small piece of software that allows you to target the
compiled output to the teensy directly from the IDE menus, on par with
the several arduino modles, and also calls the small gui that
communicates with the bootloader.

> could be directly plugged into a machine. I'm surprised someone doesn't
> commercially produce that form factor.

	The board for the teensy is pretty small, so it would probably increase
the price, not to mention the need for mechanical sturdiness would imply
the need for a small enclosure.
	The TI EZ430-Chronos comes with two boards like that, so it's possible,
but they definitely don't look sturdy...I got one for $25 some time ago,
but didn't make much use of it yet, mostly due to lack of time.
			Cheers,
				Nuno

--
http://aeminium.org/nuno/