[HH] Rascal single board computer

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Fri Jun 15 15:52:06 EDT 2012

> That aside, at $180

That is a little steep.

I'm starting to think that maybe the way to get cheap
hackable processors is to find old Droid phones.

>   Stafford himself has used his creation to power his home sprinkler
>   system

Home Depot sells a programmable hose valve for $40.
It has an LCD screen and a 4-way button to access the menus.
You program in the time, when you want to water, how long,
and how many times a day. and it does the rest.

> and even had a simple, but impressive, demo waiting for us when
>   we swung by his booth.
>
> Booth? They never mention what show this was. Are they referring to an
> AA rental space?

I assume they mean Artisan Asylum booth.
When you go in the front door, I'm pretty sure this guy's booth
is on the right and he has a big poster on the wall above
his cubicle which shows this specific computer.

Greg