[HH] NeTV: open source Google TV hardware?

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:54:57 EST 2012

Bill Bogstad wrote:
> It does, but YOU don't.

With open source hardware and open source firmware - going right down to
the FPGA programming - I don't see how that is possible.

> Your overlay plane and the decrypted HDMI signal are merged in
> a hardware component and then HDCP is slapped back onto the outgoing
> HDMI signal.

In theory, the FPGA might have a "black box" component to do this, and
that seems to be the only viable explanation here, but the product
description made it sound like lower-level access was available.