[HH] Bluetooth for embedded devices

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:16:45 EDT 2012

I see you can get Bluetooth transceivers for almost nothing:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00345R6BY

($2 w/shipping; I think Micro Center also sells them for $2.)

And I've heard about projects where the audio "profile" for Bluetooth is
abused to allow the exchange of some coarse data without requiring any
drivers.

I'm wondering if Bluetooth might be a really cheap way to add wireless
networking with a 20m range to any embedded project with a USB port, and
also not necessitate an IP stack.

Anyone run across projects where Bluetooth is used in this fashion?