[HH] portable oscilloscope

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Tue May 1 16:46:53 EDT 2012

Usable bandwidth for a decent (nondistorted) signal maybe 2-3 MHz.  The
connector, while better than the audio connectors used on the 1-channel
ones, isn't great.  You can get it to work well for a higher frequency at
the expense of distortion at lower frequencies, though.  There's a trimmer
pot (or cap, didn't look closely).  That's not the greatest solution.

The 50MHz Rigol can, I hear, be made into a 100 MHz with a firmware hack.
 We have two at the Asylum, and aside from the UI being a little odd,
they're decent scopes.  I'd still rather have a Tek or LeCroy, but I don't
prefer them by as many dollars as you have to sacrifice to summon the Elder
Scope Gods.

No experience with the Atten.

*
Drew Van Zandt
Artisan's Asylum Craft Lead, Electronics & Robotics
Cam # US2010035593 (M:Liam Hopkins R: Bastian Rotgeld)
Domain Coordinator, MA-003-D.  Masquerade aVST
*