[HH] Hacking Embedded Linux: More Hardware than You Require

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:23:32 EDT 2012

Greg London wrote:
> There is a chip I've been keeping an eye on.
> It's got an ARM dual core cortex A9 MPCore
> and about 150k FPGA gates in a single chip.
>
> It's called "zynq" and is being hyped by xilinx.
> Not currently available for sale...

FYI, see prior post:

NeTV: open source Google TV hardware?
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking@blu.org/msg00214.html

if you want a board that's available today with an on-board FPGA. It's a
$120 board running Linux with a Xilinx FPGA used for video processing.

Kurt previously commented on it: "Looks like it has a half-way decent
ARM processor and a SPARTAN 3 FPGA... which would make it a good buy for
$120 (if you wanted to use it for something else)..."