[HH] extended temperature LED

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Thu May 24 14:09:20 EDT 2012

I went through all the websites, in the order listed below.
It took a while, but the answer, it appears, is at Arrow Electronics.
They have some LED's by honeywell with -55 to +125 temp ratings.
They cost almost as much as my microcontroller, but oh well.
The specs show they put out light at 10mA, so that will be WAY
easier to work with.

I could find microcontrollers and transistors and resistors
and capacitors all rated at +125C to fill a dump truck.
But *damn* is it hard to find one lousy LED.

Thanks everyone.

I am bookmarking Arrow Electronics for future reference.
Greg