[HH] True RMS Multimeter

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Tue May 29 17:47:28 EDT 2012

Also on sale this week at RS is an Extech EX430 True RMS Multimeter for
$70. (They also have an RS brand clamp version for $60.)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10912068

Not a bad price for a True RMS meter (according the Google Shopping,
best price available fr this model; I sometimes see cheaper Tenma models
at MCM).

Extech (based in Waltham) is a decent brand. Not the reputation of, say
Fluke,  but not bad.

Amazon reviews seem to be favorable:
http://www.amazon.com/Extech-EX430-Autoranging-Multimeter-Capacitance/dp/B0000WU1AC/

and I see you can buy the same model with NIST certified calibration for
an extra fee, so that implies that the unit can be calibrated (which
your average Chinese import probably can't) and that it'll probably hold
accuracy for a good while.