[HH] Let the A15 wars begin...

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:07:05 EDT 2012

Kurt Keville wrote:
> Samsung just announced a $250 ARM Cortex-A15 dev board...
> http://tinyurl.com/8k84uwf

  Samsung has good news. It's just launched the Arndale community
  development board around its Exynos 5 Dual SoC, with the ARM
  Cortex-A15 dual-core CPU and ARM Mali T604 GPU.

So is that 2 SoCs, each with a dual-core Cortex-A15? So 4 cores?

So this is a step up from the ODROID-X board, that uses an Exynos4 (quad
core Cortex-A9). (I wonder if inter-CPU communications are better on
this, due to having all 4 cores in one SoC.)

Anyone know the historical lineage of the Mali GPUs? A year ago I hadn't
heard of them.

> I think we know who we should get for speakers at our next HH sponsored
> BLU meeting...

Does Samsung have any offices around here?