[HH] Cubieboard

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:28:05 EDT 2012

Cubieboard is a Kickstarter project by a Chinese company for a Raspberry
Pi-class single board computer.
http://www.indiegogo.com/cubieboard

Specs:

    1G ARM cortex-A8 processor, NEON, VFPv3, 256KB L2 cache
    Mali400, OpenGL ES GPU
    1GB DDR3 @480MHz
    HDMI 1080p Output
    10/100M Ethernet
    4GB Nand Flash
    2 USB Host, 1 micro SD slot, 1 SATA, 1 ir
    96 extend pin including I2C, SPI, RGB/LVDS, CSI/TS, FM-IN, ADC,
CVBS, VGA, SPDIF-OUT, R-TP..
    Running Android, Ubuntu and other Linux distributions

Aside fro the I/Os, I'm not seeing much here that distinguishes it from
RPi (which recently boosted its RAM to 512 MB).

It's described as an "open ARM box" but they never elaborate on what
they mean by "open."

One of the listed uses is:
  NAS - Cubieboard can drive 2.5 inch hard disk, you can use it as a
  home network file server.

If it is port multiplier compatible, then it might be useful. (Or per an
earlier thread, use it as an AOE-to-SATA converter.)

If you infer pricing from the "perks", it looks like it'll sell for
around $50.

This is one of the most bare-bones Kickstarter pages I've seen. Not much
info. They've raised a bit less than half of their $50K goal. The
campaign ends December 7.