[HH] Rethinking LinuxPC Robot -- the Linux PI Robot

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Sun Apr 7 22:36:04 EDT 2013

Hello Mark,

On Apr 7, 2013, at 7:24 PM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:

> The PC is still swamped with I/O, especially with the cameras.

I am wondering, do you need any drivers for the cameras? Switching to ARM, you should check you have that covered in the R.PI distros.

How many cores do you have? I presume it's an older Atom, so 1? you should be able to swing 4 cores in an AMD chip within the budget we described.

Best -F

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
(Federico L. Lucifredi) - flucifredi at acm.org - GnuPG 0x4A73884C