[HH] Bitcoin mining hardware

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Thu Apr 18 12:33:08 EDT 2013

I am not sure either way.  It could be that Bitcoin takes its place as a real currency (in some ways, it already is for the Internet black market).  It may fizzle as a fad.  It may be deemed illegal and driven underground.   it will crash again (it is a currency, so it will - trivially true statement) - will it always recover, like a real world currency?.  Who knows - I had no time to think about this.

The BitCoin paper is here, that should explain how the scheme works:

http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Best -F

PS: Satoshi Nakamoto is somebody's secret identity.  Most likely a team of Quants in London or NYC, but even that is uncertain.