[HH] Bitcoin mining hardware

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Thu Apr 18 13:09:25 EDT 2013

even paper money is not 'money'.  Gold is a money, silver can be but since
the Hunt Brothers from TX cornered the world silver market (and got in deep
trouble for it), gold is the only true money.  It is rare enough and hard
to mine/make, but plenty enough so lots of folks can have some (platinum is
to rare, silver is really to available).

Our currency was a money when it was backed by something other than the
'good faith' of the US Govt.  Anymore it is just a currency. (Go to a coin
shop and they can show you 'gold certificates'... back then there was $1 in
gold in the US Treasury for each $1 in circulation.  Then the Govt wanted
to spend more, so they moved to a 'silver standard' then eventually (since
I was born) to the 'good faith' basis.  If you trust the Govt to not
inflate your currency, then it could be your money.  Just not mine.

I do have most of my savings in US$ investments, including some US
treasuries, but I am not deluded enough to think it is anything more than a
currency, that just makes barter easier.

Money historically has just been a 'easy' way to enable barter over
distances.  Currency has been a tool to make that even easier.

In God We Trust, all others pay cash.

But that is just my viewpoint.

><> ... Jack
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate" -
Henry J. Tillman
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." - Admiral
Grace Hopper, USN
Life is complex: it has a real part and an imaginary part. - Martin Terma