[HH] Bitcoin mining hardware

markw at mohawksoft.com markw at mohawksoft.com
Thu Apr 18 13:35:39 EDT 2013

It's funny, we were joking a while ago about what constitutes "money."

Bitcoins are not money any more than wampum is. This does not mean that
they do not have a value, but the value is quite subjective.

Money, on the other hand, is historically a token for something of fixed
value, like gold or silver. Granted this distinction has been somewhat
blurred.

The main thing about "money," is that it is typically managed by a state
with a standing army. Obviously not part of the official definition, to be
sure, but certainly a "value add" component that bitcoins lack.