[HH] impossibly cheap tablet

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:16:22 EST 2013

Tom Metro wrote:
> A friend pointed out this tablet on eBay:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-M3-WIFI-RK3066-Dual-Core-1-6GHz-10-1-Inch-IPS-Android-4-1-16GB-Tablet-/251221140180
>
> Selling for $17! Too good to be true, eh? (He ordered two.)

Apparently eBay woke up and decided it was a scam. My friend received an
email from eBay:

  We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or
  bid on is no longer available:

  251221140180 - NEW M3 WIFI RK3066 Dual Core 1.6GHz 10.1 Inch IPS
  Android 4.1 16GB Tablet

  We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to
  remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was
  listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

They never specify just what was wrong with the listing, but safe to say
it was some sort of a scam.