[HH] cores: AMD vs Intel

Kurt Keville kkeville at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 14 09:54:04 EDT 2013

Ah, got you... also it is worth noting that in certain circumstances
you can save the latency associated with a PCI bus transfer if you
have your GPU on the same memory bus as your CPU as described below...
http://forums.arm.com/index.php?/topic/16594-mali-t604-opencl-shared-memory-size/
this is usually the largest source of latency in a hybrid application
so it will be interesting to compare some portable OpenCL codes in
this context (if we can find any!)... sorry for going a bit OT... :)