[HH] update on Othermill

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 14:34:54 EDT 2013

Based just on the design, they won't want to show it milling aluminum in
any marketing videos.  It will be very, very slow.  (I've spent half my
evenings for the past two months milling aluminum, I have a really good
feel for how tooling interacts with it now.)  The machine pictured lacks
the design stiffness needed for carving up aluminum at any speed other than
dead slow.

Regarding the software, the pro software like Solidworks/HSMWorks does the
on-screen simulation.  A "stock simulation" will show you exactly what the
final product will look like, barring issues like overstressing and
breaking tools because you didn't pay attention to feed speeds or shock

*
Drew Van Zandt
Cam # US2010035593 (M:Agapito Acosta)
Domain Coordinator, MA-003-D.