[HH] Mystery signal from a helicopter

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Feb 5 07:24:58 EST 2014

This is true. In flight school we had OH-23s (Hillers) and OH-55s
(Hughes) The OH-55 was referred to as the Mattel Messerschmidt. It was a
3-bladed fully articulated system. The 2-bladed are semi-rigid usually.
Fully rigid Rotor systems are relatively new. Lockheed developed one in
the late 1960s but it failed military tests. But, at the time it was the
only helicopter capable of flying upside down.