[HH] Burn custom art on a DVD

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat May 10 08:35:24 EDT 2014

My son-in-law got this from his boss. I assume he wants to burn art into a lightscribe DVD. The place of business is in East Cambridge, his wife used to live 2 doors away from me while she was married to someone else.

-------
The objective is to burn many grooves on the DVD that will NOT be holding any data or pictures.  Imagine that you have a pattern template that you have drawn using some drawing tool and you want to burn  "grooves" on the DVD using the DVD writing head.  There are "artist" specific software that do this however, they are not precise enough for my friend's purposes which is to create "test grooves" to test various organic compounds using low voltage electricity.

So I guess what I am looking for is someone that can write a firm ware to move the head AND provide a "crude" user interface to draw simple straight lines (for the template) and use the DVD writer to etch the grooves along the lines created by the user.

Here is the device:  HP CDDVDW TS-L633N 0300 195 (LightScribe)

They will pay good money for an electrical engineer that can do that.

I hope this is helpful.  This will not be used in any commercial capacity.  It is only for testing in a laboratory environment.  Thanks.
-------

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix