[HH] BoXZY CNC machine

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Sat Apr 11 23:13:10 EDT 2015

I think UV printing has a good chance of obsoleting filament printing.
It's order(s) of magnitude faster print times and better resolution.
In which case, you wouldn't need the x/y axis anymore, just Z.
It's more expensive for printers right now, but I think prices
have room to drop with higher volumes. It needs a projector,
so thats a cost that filament printers will never have. but still
I think they'll come down in price enough to compete,
probably not head to head, but more like "a bit more money and
a lot faster prints"

You should be able to put a laser cutter on any printbot.

Milling, though, would need a sturdier machine than average.
which might explain why these machines are quite a bit more expensive.
The frame is solid aluminum and it uses ballscrews for movement.

Greg