[HH] Electric imp?

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Wed Sep 16 14:31:47 EDT 2015

Federico: the only Arduino "support" that I see is a help page for
converting your arduino code to imp.

Apparently imp is programmed in squirrel. I would have to learn squirrel
to use imp.

Jon: you have to use their cloud to get access to the device. As a
hardware guy who doesnt know internet security, I dont know if that is a
problem or not. If its just a local device, I could just physically
connect with it and bypass the cloud (i think it has some i2c interfaces
so i assume i could get the device to dump data through i2c. But if I want
to monitor something from my smart phone, there is no way I could write
secure code for that.

Whether or not THEY write secure code is a valid question I dont have the
answer to.

Is there anything out there this small, this cheap, this low power, that
would be a viable alternative for making an internet-of-things device?

Greg