[HH] Broadband connectivity in Boston & Burbs

Brough Turner broughturner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 10:04:31 EDT 2017

Thanks Stephen!

Yes, we've got several thousand customers including some businesses with
/29s and a few businesses with /28s, but only 2048 addresses from ARIN plus
we lease another 512 addresses from another ISP.  So IPv4 addresses are
harder to come by, i.e. more expensive, than just a few years ago.

Currently we put residential customers on carrier grade NAT unless they
explicitly ask for a fixed address.  In that case we give them a single
fixed IP address (either via PPPoE or via 1-to-1 NAT, depending on how
their service is delivered). Extra addresses (so far only requested by
businesses) are $40/month for a /29 (5 useable addresses).  Any thing
beyond that, e.g. a /28, requires an ARIN address justification.

In any event, we don't block any ports, we provide symmetric services and
provide the best speeds that radios and economics allows.  Our fastest
services (300/300 Mbps or 500/500 Mbps) are in multi-unit buildings
(apartments or condos) where we can bring in Gig+ capacity to the roof and
wire down through a building.

Thanks,
Brough Turner

Mobile: +1 617 285-0433   Skype: brough