[BLU/Officers] political correctness flame war on Discuss makes BLU and Linux look bad

Will Rico willrico at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:02:22 EDT 2016

I agree with Bill here with the following additional observations/thoughts.

1- I expect it is very hard to moderate these things. Finding where to draw
the line is difficult.  Perhaps some guidelines would be helpful.  Maybe
something like LibrePlanet's "Safe Space Policy" adjusted for online
discussions? https://libreplanet.org/2016/safe-space-policy/

2- It would be nice to be mindful of sensitive issues and words, while
avoiding the public shaming of people who make mistakes.  There are shades
of grey here.

3- What's the positive in this?  We can look for ways to be more inclusive
and welcoming.  Ideas are welcome.

Will