[BLU/Officers] political correctness flame war on Discuss makes BLU and Linux look bad

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Thu Mar 17 13:38:01 EDT 2016

On 3/17/2016 1:18 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I'm not so sure since he works at MIT. The First Amendment Rights do
> not transfer to members of a forum or listserv that is privately owned.

If someone (in fact, anyone) is adding remarks to a public forum which
might discredit or embarrass his/her employer, an obvious solution is
available.

A slightly more subtle approach might be better, however. Anyone having
contacts in the upper echelons at M.I.T. could ask that person to
quietly and informally voice reservations to the offender, and thus
convey a caution without official sanction.

FWIW.

Bill Horne