[BLU/Officers] MIT parking DEFCON has changed

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 23:19:22 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:09 PM, John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:

> > we should engage in some spit-storming before September
>
> Just to clarify, are these new rules in effect immediately, thereby
> affecting our meeting this month, or do they begin in September?

​There is nothing on the MIT Transport ​and Parking website to indicate not
yet in effect.

They *may* be fairly lax in enforcing until September, but I wouldn't count
on it.
One gung-ho officer grumpy at being on night shift on a lovely evening
could make several new friends quickly.

( And given the space shortage problem, i would be surprised if they give 2
tickets before towing now. That's likely gone too. And Booting is right
out. )

Perl meeting is tomorrow. I've updated our parking info
http://boston.pm.org/MIT+Directions
and posted Parking Alert on the Calendar page too.

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux