[BLU/Officers] Next installfest

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:23:40 EST 2018

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 2:08 PM, John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds good.
>
> What's the consensus regarding the MIT Flea? Shall we try running the
> InstaffFest in conjuctin with it? If so, what is the date of the MIT
> Flea in May?

My prior -
> MIT Swapfest has just announced their 2018 schedule.
> May 20 and June 17 are the relevant dates.
> I'll check with Steve re possibly working together.

I've for years said we should do Installfest either same Sunday as
Swapfest or the Saturday after, not the day before: as Swapfest is an
opportunity to acquire computers in need of a new OS.

Last fall, Jerry and I scouted, and there looks to be an appropriate
room in one of the 3x buildings by the official indoor lavatory for
the flea.

My thinking is I'd get a seller's table to proselytize and give
directions to the lab by lavatory, and give "Free Linux Replacement
OS" fliers to vendors with used / junk computers. Probably have my
MIT-Flea Special Xerox Repair Gurney available to move new-bought
desktops across the street and back to parking too.  (For Ubuntu User
Group installfests, I called it Curb-untu service :-) )

My first question is how late does MIT Parking leave your Buyers' Lots
open to exit? :-)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com