[BLU/Officers] Clarification on future InstallFests

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:25:54 EST 2018

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> We need to look at the space before we make any decisions. So, let's wait
> until we visit the space in the next couple of weeks. Also, we need to
> evaluate whether the Natick location is a good fit.
>
> The issues I have with the Flea market is the location and availability of
> parking. While Flea Market parking is free, it is quite a distance from the
> desired classroom.

​For most of our clients bringing laptops, that's not too bad, and closer
for things bought at Flea.

For us with gear, we would need to unload in front and go park, taking
turns watching the gear/room and reverse at end. Doable.
(Alternatively, we could use carts with streetworthy wheels instead of
indoor wheels, as i did with my overpriced garage last time.)

I have the wheeled gurney that can be used to ferry any desktops to/from
curbside or Fleamarket ... i did that at the old Ubuntu UG installfests in
Media Lab lobby, I called it cURBuntu service :-)  ​

Bigger issue with Flea is whether / how-soon they get space and dates for
this year  !!

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com