Support for 800 series HP Deskjets

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Thu Feb 10 15:01:45 EST 2000

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 elawson at lawson-philpot.com wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with or know the level of support in RH
> 6.1 for the recent HP color DeskJet printers?  The HP 812 is
> inexpensive and capable of producing excellent color prints. I am
> considering one, but it is not among the printers specifically
> supported in RH 6.1.  I need the quality of printing the 812 is
> capable of and am looking for info on just how well it will print
> under RH 6.1.

I recently picked up an HP Photosmart P1000, mainly because it can print
directly from the flash card from my digital camera without going through
a computer. I had assumed that it would work on my Mac, but no such luck.
Now I'm stuck with yet another reason not to delete the Windows partition
from my laptop.  :-(  (I was hoping to nuke it once I had DVD support on
Linux.)

I think it's reasonable to assume that any HP printer is a WinPrinter
unless explicitly documented otherwise.

Email: jabr at blu.org / URL: http://www.blu.org
ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj