X on Dell Laptop...

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Sat Feb 12 11:09:40 EST 2000

I am able to run Linux (RH 6.1) on my Dell Latitude CPx.

It has a ATI Rage Mobile kind of a display chipset, and it
is OK under X-windows with an external monitor, but sucks big
ones on the internal display.  I can only use a char mode
screen on it. ... Bummer.

Dell has some RPMs for the display drivers, and I did that,
but the display (internal) still won't work.

Suggestions? ... Jack 'X-less in Houston' Coats

-