Simple HDTV viewer?

John Abreau abreauj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 3 12:41:58 EDT 2007

I've found that mplayer plays everything I've thrown at it. I haven't tried
any HDTV yet, but it works great with my Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2.
I would expect it to work with the HDTV model as well. I've only tested
the unit to make sure it works; eventually I intend to set up MythTV to
use it for real.

Mplayer doesn't change channels,  and I had difficulty finding something
else to do that effectively. In the end, I used xawtv to generate a text
file containing channel frequencies, then wrote a shell script around it
that pokes the appropriate value into /sys/class/pvrusb2/... for the
channel I want.