[Discuss] Password managers

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:06:23 EDT 2020

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 5:58 PM Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use lastpass. It works on all platforms.

LastPass is endorsed by Steve Gibson of Security Now! as being "Trust No
One"; works with all major browsers and phones.

They already had their minor security breach so have gotten past the
obvious OWASP issues. (Best time to sign up for a service is just after
they've locked the barn doors ;-D, funny but serious too: Mgt will be
giving budget to the new CISO.)

For those of us of a certain age, the LastPass features that allow making a
hardcopy backup (ASCII in clear or blob as huge QR code IIRC) to go in the
safety deposit box or executor envelop with the Will are a very good thing,
as well as upgrade to Family plan that allows sharing with select family
members and also Emergency Access option for that next of kin/executor.
It's controlled sharing at the right granularity and notifications.
(Family is max 4 people IIRC, above that you're eligible for Corporate
Rate. If i want to have 2 families, one with my heirs and one with those
I'm executor for, I'll need 2 email addresses and pay twice. I'm
considering it ... )

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com