[HH] Raspberry PI bits

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 16:01:06 EDT 2012

MCM Electronics (a division of Newark; used to sell mostly to TV and
stereo repair shops (any of those left), but is still a good source for
test equipment, car audio components, and general electronics hobby
stuff) is now selling the Raspberry PI:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-14277

Same $35 price as everywhere. Listed as "In stock; estimated ship date:
August 18" (a Saturday, really?).

They also have a pile of bundles with power supplies, enclosures, memory
cards, and other accessories starting at $60:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/raspberry-pi

Seen on Twitter:

  Details of the inaugural Raspberry Pi US Hackspace Tour. Coming to a
  hackspace near you? http://t.co/mSszUqdS

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1792
  Rob Bishop is one of the Raspberry Pi Foundation's developers and a
  super-enthusiastic tech-evangelist type. He's volunteered to go visit
  a number of hackspaces in the US in a sort of Regency Grand Tour style
  (only with aeroplanes and a backpack full of computers) to spread the
  word about Raspberry Pi and to give some hands-on workshops to help
  kickstart your projects.

No MA locations on the list currently. Closest venue I see is NY.

  @DailyHandheld: Gertboard, an expansion board for @Raspberry_Pi , is
  now available exclusively through element14 http://t.co/SpBybLcz

This is the I/O expansion board mentioned on the list previously. It's
being sold in kit form (soldering required) for $46.50:
http://www.newark.com/element14/gertbom/gertboard-bare-pcb-w-components/dp/24W8739