[HH] Intel Next Unit of Computing (NUC) PC

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:51:53 EST 2012

The tiny Intel computer Brian demoed at the beginning of the meeting was
mentioned on the list back in April:

http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking@blu.org/msg00291.html

Here's the NewEgg product page (which you wont find by searching on "nuc"):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856102002

(I believe the customer review by Brianosaurus is the same Brian.)

It's selling for $300 (no RAM). An i3 (1.8 GHz) in a tiny 4" x 4" x 2"
box and it'll drive two monitors.

Like Brian said, not the greatest value. I think you can get i3 laptops
for not much more than that.

No mention of what the idle power draw is, but it uses a 65 W power
supply. And generates enough heat to need a fan.