[HH] Intel Next Unit of Computing (NUC) PC

Brian DeLacey bdelacey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:59:56 EST 2012

There are reviews (with photos, power consumption, performance measures
etc.) :

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6444/intels-next-unit-of-computing-hands-on

and here

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/Intel-NUC-Next-Unit-Computing-DC3217BY-SFF-System-Review

and Intel's information, including this:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/next-unit-computing-introduction.html

If you buy one, make sure you have the various component pieces on hand -
including the "other half" of the power adapter! These all add to the price
of working package.

I bought mine from NewEgg (but the review mentioned is not mine). The form
factor is great and the profile is really nice for certain applications. I
was able to easily install Linux Mint. Early testing showed good
performance. The hardware easy to work with.

Brian