[HH] local source for $15 Arduino boards

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 17:41:53 EST 2012

Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> The $15 special is one of the Arduino workhorses, actually pretty
> useful.

What would you supplement it with in order for a new Arduino developer
to start being productive?

Is it as simple as I speculated - a USB cable and some downloaded software?

(I'm not including any peripheral hardware, which will vary greatly
depending on what you want to accomplish.)

Do you have any experience with the "mini/micro" boards?

Probably half of the projects I'd use a micro for would need Ethernet,
and I suspect none of the Arduino options would be price competitive
with a Raspberry Pi or other ARM-based options, like:
http://www.lpctools.com/lpc1768.lpcxpresso.aspx
(Though this board claims to support Ethernet, it looks like it lacks a
media interface and connector.)