[HH] 3D printing with concrete

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:46:03 EDT 2012

Kurt Keville wrote:
> You have see the solar sintering, I assume? Who needs an oven when the
> desert is your oven!
>
> http://www.markuskayser.com/work/solarsinter/

Yeah, I saw that when it first made its way around last year. At least
the stills.

(Vimeo video never seems to playback on my system well, and as I recall
this video has a long lead-in of them driving across the desert, so I
think I gave up before the sintering actually happened.)

I imagine the machine operates pretty slowly, given the amount of heat
it needs to develop in each spot. (Even the concrete printer videos are
done in time lapse because the machines are so slow.)

One of the big advantages to sintering for sand solidification rather
than cement or liquid binders is that it turns solid almost instantly.

A "glass" house would be pretty cool.