[HH] Buying a good outdoor security camera

Stephen Ronan sronan at panix.com
Thu Sep 18 22:56:41 EDT 2014

I recently recommended this to a friend in similar circumstances
Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Outdoor HD 3MP IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm

It utilizes power over Ethernet which can be convenient. He seems
happy with the camera itself after preliminary testing. Many seem
to recommend use of Blue Iris software, rather than the native
software with these cameras, and would cost your friend about $50
for multiple cameas so that'd be an additional cost.
http://blueirissoftware.com/purchase/

In respect to security companies, I've been impressed with my
limited experiences with A2Systems <a2systems.com>, which serves
the Greater Boston area.

     - Stephen