[BLU/Officers] political correctness flame war on Discuss makes BLU and Linux look bad

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Thu Mar 17 11:18:42 EDT 2016

On 3/17/2016 5:22 AM, John Abreau wrote:
> I just posted a request to move the discussion off the BLU list.
>
> What are your thoughts on how we should handle it if members ignore
> the request and continue polluting the list with this off-topic material?

IIRC, the Mailman software allows for moderating specific threads. If it
does not, there's an option to moderate all posts, which can be enabled
without notifying the users. When/if another flame comes in, the
moderator can quietly send a private response, saying the thread has
been closed. It's a good way to quiet down a hot topic.

Bill Horne

--
Bill Horne
828-678-1548