Linux/Unix Group Volunteer Meeting

On Wed, 2 Nov 1994, Guy W Bzibziak wrote:

> Sounds great! I'll definately try to attend. Is there any agenda yet for
> this meeting?

We'll be discussing what we'd like to do with the group, and finding
volunteers to help out. Ken and I began outlining a formal structure for
meetings, so they'd run smoother.

Various ideas that came up in the past include using our influence as a
large user group to encourage hardware vendors to support Linux better,
establishing an FTP site or helping to keep TSX-11 up-to-date, assembling
a distribution on floppy and on one of the BCS BBSes, and getting a couple
Multimedia Linux systems in the Resource Center.

These are the few that come to mind immediately; I'm sure there are other
ideas we can come up with. The biggest bottleneck on most of these will be
finding volunteers who want to do these things.

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux/Unix Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744